Once we have found suitable tenants for your property, you have the option of either managing the tenancy yourself or asking us to do this work on your behalf. Your decision may well depend on your circumstances. If you are living abroad, for example, you will probably want to take advantage of our management service to ensure that your property and the tenants are sufficiently looked after whilst you are away.
We have staff dedicated to managing a portfolio of properties already. This forms an essential part of our business and briefly entails:
- Advertising your property to source suitable, reliable tenants
- Accompanying potential tenants to viewings
- Obtaining references and carrying out credit checks on potential tenants
- Providing you with information relating to the latest safety regulations
- Preparing the latest version of an Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement
- Organising and managing the collection of the tenant's deposit
- Lodging tenants deposits with a Government approved Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Preparing an Inventory and producing a Schedule of Condition
- Checking in the tenant and verifying the Inventory and Schedule
- Collecting the rent from the tenant by standing order each month on your behalf
- Transferring the rental income to your account, providing you with a monthly statement of account
- Notifying the Local Authority and service providers of the incoming tenants information and providing meter readings to service providers as required
- Managing and arranging all repairs and liaising with you as and when required
- Inspecting the property periodically and feeding back any comments to you
- Where necessary, providing tenants with Notice at the end of the tenancy
- Re-letting the property as quickly as possible and keeping to a minimum the time that the property is empty when a tenant leaves
- Dealing with legal aspects of the tenancy/property including evictions, non-payment, harassment or other tenancy issues
- Providing you with professional advice and guidance through the duration of our relationship
An important thing to look for in a managing agent is their professional status. Our membership of the The Property Ombudsman Scheme and the National Association of Estate Agents outlines our commitment to maintaining the best standards, whilst offering the additional assurance of a client money protection scheme.
The commission structure for managing your property is available on request and can be adjusted to reflect the amount of work that you wish for us to do on your behalf.